Tuesday 31 March 2015

Mercy Johnson & Her Husband Share Their Amazing Love Story.



Odi: I met Mercy for the first time in 2008 on a flight from France. We both flew Business Class and I asked for her number but she refused.

 She was very down-to-earth even as a celebrity. I know how a lot of them behave but she is different. Being very focused and a go-getter, I did everything I could just to have her including her number after I set my eyes on her.

Mercy: After the flight episode, he came around to Surulere where I was getting my hair done at a saloon. Somehow, he had gotten my number and we spoke. We talked and later had dinner.
Was it a case of love at first sight for both of you?

Odi: Yes, it was. I realised in no time that she is homely and everyone who comes in contact with her just loves her.

Mercy: I love his personality and I am in love with everything about him. He knew I was an actress but he didn’t know I was that popular. I remember the very first day I got to his house, he asked someone to buy some condiments for me to prepare soup for him. 

Then, I said, ‘You must be joking, my name is Mercy Johnson’ and all he said was, ‘I know.’ That simple action drew me closer to him.
On How He Proposed

Mercy: During a conversation, he suggested that we take our relationship to the next level. While we were dating, I knew we would get married because he became a part of my life and we were very passionate about each other.

 There was a day we attended a wedding and he said, ‘I think our wedding cake should have a tint of this colour.’

Any jitters when you were going to meet his parents for the first time?

Mercy: I met his parents on our third date and his mum liked me— she is a fan of my movies.
Were you prepared for the attention that comes with being married to a celebrity when you decided to marry her?

Odi: Yes I was. As a matter of fact, she was a star when I met her but not as big as she is right now. I have decided to remain on the quiet side and watch her excel in her career and I am extremely proud of her.

Was he comfortable with your movie roles?

Mercy: He wasn’t comfortable with the romantic scenes. I stopped taking up such roles in 2009 when I realised we were getting serious and headed for marriage. I was so in love with him that I started adjusting my lifestyle and personality to suit him.

 He is enlightened and well-travelled. He understands the demands of my job and has no problems with my career. He simply gives me space to fly.

No comments :

Post a Comment