Friday 26 February 2016

Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Bukola Saraki.

3440118_drbukolasarakiatsocialmediaweeklagos

Speaking on Friday during the StateCraft Masterclass event at the Social Media Week, Lagos, Saraki said his assets declaration trial is more of ‘persecution’ than an actual fight against corruption.

When asked by Declan Galvin of Sahara Reporters why he had thus far, failed to walk away from the position of Senate President, he said: “It is not a fight against corruption, it is more about being persecuted.”

He further stated that: “We are public servants and you must fill your asset declaration form when you get in office and I did mine 13 years ago.”

“The charges have nothing to do with corruption or money being stolen anywhere and that is why at the end of the day, I will have my day in court. Because it is not about corruption.”

“I don’t understand how the same organisation that cleared my asset declaration to be proper in 2004, 2009 and 2011 can suddenly wake up and say that my record is faulted.”

The Senate President however, declined to say who is persecuting him with the assets declaration trial.

No comments :

Post a Comment